8 reasons how in-house legal counsel can help your business.
Most people will say lawyers don’t understand business. And it’s true that a lawyer can’t step in and play the role of a CEO, a General Manager, or the people on the ground dealing with the customer. But what a lawyer does understand is the law. And ensuring your business is legally compliant is critical in protecting your business, yourself and your employees.
You may not have the budget for a full-time lawyer, and you don’t want to pay exorbitant bills charged on an hourly basis for every time you pick up the phone to ask a ‘simple question’. But the consequences of winging it when it comes to legal issues can be costly, and is some cases, cause irreversible damage to a business.
But don’t worry – you have options. Spectrum Lawyers provides a flexible approach to working with your business on a daily fixed rate (just one or two days a week) to support the growth of your business.
Some of the benefits:
- Peace of mind. You can rest assured that you have a qualified and experienced professional providing solid advice. Not someone ‘guessing’ or simply unaware of potential issues;
- We can assist you spot legal issues before they arise by reviewing your documentation and providing training;
- We can be the middle person between legal advisers you use so you can get on with your day-to-day work;
- You can focus on your core business whilst knowing corporate affairs and disputes are managed efficiently and effectively;
- With our deeper knowledge of your business, we can offer deeper legal recommendations which you can incorporate into your strategic planning;
- You can be proactive for regulation changes and industry demands;
- Bounce ideas – consider broader issues – compliance; record management; IP issues; dispute resolution;
- No more hourly bills – know what your expenses are so you can incorporate into your budget, with peace of mind knowing you have tailored legal services.
Chat with us today to see how we can assist your business.