Building & Construction Lawyer
Reports to: Principal Lawyer / Director
Employment Type: Full-time but flexible for the right candidate
The ideal candidate will ensure the smooth running of building & construction advice and dispute resolution case management under the supervision of the Principal Lawyer and two other lawyers of the firm. Focus is residential building & construction but also with some commercial building matters.
This individual will communicate frequently with the clients in order to serve them adequately and therefore must have excellent communication skills.
Our office is based in Williamstown, with the option of some remote working or flexibility in hours available.
The ideal candidate would also be willing to advance their career and develop new skills in the other practice areas offered by the firm.
- Work as a valued team member with the other 3 lawyers and external consultants
- Handle communications with clients both in person, on the phone and via written correspondence
- Collating and preparing litigation documents
- General file management / administrative tasks
- Experience minimum 3 PAE
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures, and protocols
- Excellent computer skills and communication skills
- Exceptional skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
Experience will be considered as a bonus
- Experience in building & construction law
- Experience in litigation (Supreme Court, County Court, Magistrates Court, VCAT)
- LEAP experience